These are unprecedented times and we are in unknown territory with the COVID-19 outbreak, but we are doing our utmost to support all our staff, landlords and tenants through this difficult period.
As we all adjust to a rapidly changing situation, I wanted to share with you the measures that we suggest are put in place where possible. Our offices are currently operating as normal, however, we have restricted access into our offices and where possible only converse via the telephone and email. This allows us to continue our services whilst safeguarding as many people as possible.
- The Government has stated that there will be a 3 month payment holiday for Mortgages, we would suggest that you contact your lenders as early as possible to request some clarity if this would include not only residential mortgages, but if the Buy To Let Mortgages have this facility also.
- Whilst we hope that for this month at least, all tenants pay their rents, if they are unable to go to work for whatever reason, then obviously Statutory Sick Pay would not be enough to cover the rent payment alone, if they, perchance qualify to make a Claim for Housing Benefit, then this would take time to process before a payment could be made.
- We have not been able to ascertain if Landlords Rent Protection Insurance (if applicable) will in fact cover/pay out under these circumstances
- (A Force Majeure clause is a contract provision that allows a party to suspend or terminate the performance of its obligations when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible..
- This is something we are looking into.
This is a challenging time for many of us, the wellness of our client landlords, the tenants and our staff is very much top of our minds at the moment. We are monitoring the situation daily as it evolves, so we can adapt quickly as we continue to put our customers and staff first.
Our priority is to work as efficiently as we can to collect and credit the rent payments to our landlords, and we will continue to do this for as long as we can. We cannot predict how long we will be able to man our offices, but at least in the interim be assured that we are doing our utmost to serve our client landlords to the best of our ability under the circumstances.
We’re sending sincere and heartfelt wishes to anyone who’s been affected by the virus, and our thoughts are with those who are sick – alongside the amazing NHS staff and healthcare professionals working on the front line.
Thank you so much for your support, patience and understanding at these unusual times.
Forest Estates Property Services Limited